For a phone to be classified as ‘working’, it needs to fit the following criteria:
- Can be switched on and off
- Fully functional
- Battery included
- Not crushed or liquid damaged
- Meeting the manufacturer’s original specifications
- No damage to the body or screen (i.e. cracks, deep scratches and dents)
- Free from any cloud accounts (such as iCloud, Google and Samsung)
General signs of wear and tear are acceptable, as long as these are only slight indications of cosmetic damage (such as small, light scratches).
For merchants’ specific grading criteria, this can be found in the Terms and Conditions. These are linked under the order form, or they can be reached by clicking on the question mark (?) icon under the device details in the top right hand corner of the page. You can see this underlined in red in the screenshot below.