In most cases the recycler will send you a re-offer email explaining the reason for a downgrade and you will be given the option to Accept or Decline the re-offer.
The reasons for downgrade might be the following but not limited to:
- Details of device sold do not match the device received
- Device received outside of the lock-in price period (usually 7-14 days depending on a recycler)
- No battery or back cover or missing parts / screws
- Evidence of the device having had an attempted repair by an unauthorised service center and / or has non genuine parts fitted to it
- Device is crushed, not in one piece or dismantled. All main components should be attached to the board.
- Damaged by or contaminated with water
- No IMEI or IMEI label
- Not a UK specification device and is locked to a foreign network
- Does not turn on and off and does not fully work / is faulty
- Device has scuffs, knocks, cracks, dents, chips, scratches to outer casings/cosmetics/device body and battery/back cover
- Scratches or marks on screen - please note that screen protectors will be removed in order to fully inspect the screen
- Display has blemishes, bruises or missing pixels when turned on
- Evidence of liquid ingress
- Password / security locked devices to customer personal account (e.g. iCloud, Google Account or other Cloud services).